Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Well, this is appalling...

" A must-have for any mother with young children considering plastic surgery"



I'm not sure I have any words...oh, wait..yes I do....REALLY?! REALLY?! Ok well before I go on the obvious rant about self esteem I am glad there is someone out there sensitive enough to write a book about this. I am sure it is a very legitimate problem for some parents and it does seem to be written well (from these page excerpts I could find).  Thanks for that...


BUT SERIOUSLY?! This is the message you want to send your kids? Not, "oh honey, you are beautiful the way you are, looks aren't everything," yadda yadda...its "you need plastic surgery to feel good about yourself." Oh that's great. Our little kiddies don't have enough problems already. The first page directly under the title page is the most heartbreaking I could find. How confused must that kid be? I am not even going to attempt the self-esteem rant right now because I am sure you are all thinking it and I just still cant even believe this is real.

1 comment:

  1. Things I find hilarious about this bit of "literature"...

    1. The GIANT Range Rover/Escalade/Porsche Cyanne parked in the driveway.

    2. The cropped belly shirt that our heroine, "mommy" is wearing.

    So 90210 it hurts.

    ReplyDelete