Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Filippa Hamilton Debacle



“I think they owe American women an apology, a big apology; I’m very proud of what I look like, and I think a role model should look healthy.”-Filippa Hamilton

Filippa Hamilton is the model in the notorious photoshopped Ralph Lauren ads. After Ralph Lauren apologized for "a very distorted image of a woman’s body," in the first photo they fired Filippa Hamilton (who has been with Ralph Lauren since 2002) "as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us." Filippa is 5'10' and 120 pounds and  her measurements are 33-24-35 (US), roughly a size 6. Most are considering that she was fired for being too big. 


What a world, ay?

1 comment:

  1. I am still shocked by these ads. What kind of idiot Art Director let this pass?

    ReplyDelete