Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hungry


 By now I hope you have heard about Crystal Renn...former anorexic model, current happy plus size model. I am naturally skeptical of the feel-goodery that this book must contain but I suppose I should read it before I make a judgment on it. Regardless, it is another step towards the whole curvy-girls-be-proud movement. And I gotta support that. I plan on reading this so I am sure there will be a more detailed post in the future, but if anyone is looking for an addition to there reading list this might be an interesting one.

Just to indulge your curiosities (I know you're wondering) here is a pic of Renn pre-body image enlightenment and after. Judge for yourself. I am sure you know which one I'd chose.




I think there is another time and place for this thought but I'll say it anyway....One of my issues with plus size vs. regular old models is that it does not cover the middle ground. Plus size models tend to be size 12, 14 or 16... what about us 6s, 8s or 10s? We don't get to have models? Tons of sociological studies focus on the positive effects of having an image portrayed in the media that one can identify with. But there is plenty of time to have that discussion...

No comments:

Post a Comment