Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lovin' the pin up girl fashion trends

Can I just say how thrilled I am that pin up girl/ 1950's fashion is currently popular? Why do I love it? Because according to some (possibly inaccurate) googling I have found that the average woman in the 1950's was 5ft3, 130lb with measurements 36-28-38. Not only was this the average woman, but the average woman was depicted in the media slightly closer to reality than they are now (hello Marylin Monroe). So to highlight how it has actually been bearable to buy clothing lately, I give you my new favorite outfit....









Cardigan: Forever 21 Dotted Sweater Cardigan, 19.80 (shown in black and white, but I personally dig the red and navy..which doesn't show up on the website well)


The sweater hits right below the natural waist which accents the curves very well. Obviously since this sweater is shorter (which was the style), wearing  a tank underneath works well...and if it hits below the hip it is also slimming. I've generally learned that wearing tops that stop right at the top of your jeans or just below it tends to widen a bit...hence a longer top. Now I know the pants may be a bit of a challenge...they are practically leggings..but because of the stretch they don't cut off your hips thus giving you those lovely side bulges. I am the first person to wax on about how much I hate my thighs, but I actually love wearing these very tight pants. Finish it off with a little ballet flat and you're good to go.
 If you like this stuff I encourage you to check out Baby Girl Boutique if you have some spare cash. Lots of cute pin-up girl (and other) fashions...And if you cant afford that (cough* me * cough) these styles are become easier to find, as you can see above, at places like Forever 21.


Generally this blog won't be focused on fashion but I like to share the wisdom when I come across clothes that I actually like and fit well. If it makes shopping even a little bit easier for one person I'll feel like it was worth sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment